Friday, July 23, 2004

Oh boy...

Don't really know why I picked that title. Nothing too interesting has been happening as of late. I've gotten to practicing the violin again for extended periods of time. Today not being one of them, as it's really hot here and I don't feel like going to school for an hour's worth of practice. So maybe I'll do some work here tonight. Or maybe not. Damn I'm so burned out right now. Winchester is not conducive to practicing. It's so boring, yet I have so much to do. When I'm here (and school isn't in session) I get so winded down that it's hard to do much of anything. I also think that taking up the viola wasn't such a bright idea. I mean, it's great to finally be fluent on another instrument, but it's absolutely sucked my violin practice time out of existence. I think I've averaged 5 hours of violin practice a week since I've been doing pit. THAT IS PITIFUL! Especially since I would easily be doing that in a day over the school year. I suppose I wouldn't feel so bad if I were playing violin in the pit because then at least I get to work on intonation and technique and stuff. This is why if I can't play violin in pit next summer, I'm seriously thinking of doing the first two shows and then counseloring the arts camp. It would end up being a bit less money than just pit, but I think it would definitely be worth it.

So when I get home, here is my schedule. It's going to be much like last summer.

Before noon, practice 1.5 hours.
Before 3, practice another 1.5 hours.
Before 6, practice another 2 hours.

That makes 5 hours a day. And it's all before night (at home I can't practice at night like I can here, which is usually when I would do an hour or two). Now, granted, I'm not going to be able to do this every day. And that's ok. I mean, Olivia did say to take it a bit easy over the summer so I don't burn myself out. Which is nice, because now I have such a rekindled love of music, I'm so ready to work really hard and get some shit done.

Well, now I'm off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home