Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Tuesday! (and a recap of Monday.)

So today is Tuesday. Which means it's the last day I have off until next Monday. That also means that next week I have ONLY Monday off. Shit. But that's ok. I'm looking forward to not having to play Carousel any longer. It's getting real old. Real fast.

But now, a recap of yesterday!

So yesterday Stef and I decided to go to Tyson's Corner. There's a fantastic "Chinese Bistro" there called P.F. Chang's, and we haven't been in a while, so a murder (like the terminology there? anyone who can tell me what gathers in a "murder" first on my comments wins a prize) of us decided to go to dinner there. Stef and I, however, wanted to get some shopping done, so we left Winchester a bit before 2. Unfortunately, we got stuck in a slew of rain along the way (we were driving INTO a storm), so it took us an hour and a half to get there. When we got there, we met Chris and Marietta at Brookstone and proceeded to get our proverbial shop on. Marietta took us to the store where she works, Lane Bryant (a women's clothing store). So whilst Stef picked out some things to try on, Chris and I went next door to Radio Shack. Because it's manly(ier) than Lane Bryant. When we returned, Stef had several things to try on, 3 of which I heartily approved. She bought a pair of really nice jeans (with a flared bottom of the leg, which is really hardcore), a big pink jackety thing (which is far far more attractive than it sounds), and a blue shirt deal type thing. Then the 4 of us parted, and Stef and I decided to meet up with the other people upstairs at the mall. It ended up being mostly just me and Stef, or any combination of me, Stef, Anthony, and Allyson for most of the shopping spree. I am proud to say that I found a hardcore shirt (that I'm wearing now) at Banana Republic for over 50% off, and some good Ray-Ban knockoffs at a sunglasses stand. I also decided that I don't think I want a hemp necklace any longer.

Now comes the slightly confusing part. McLean, VA is home to 3 malls. Dulles Town Center (which we did not "hit up"), Tyson's Corner, and Tyson's II. Tyson's Corner is the basic mall that you'd find anywhere, with stores like Gap and Banana Republic, Brookstone, etc etc. Tyson's II is the "upper class" mall with the ultra super hardcore expensive stores (i.e. J. Crew, Anthropologie, Versace, Saks 5th Ave, etc). Tyson's II also has about twice the stores (it's 3 levels) of Tyson's Corner. Ordinarily, I wouldn't go to Tyson's II, partly because it's so damn expensive, and mostly because it doesn't have any stores that I like. But, it's where P.F. Chang's is (PF Chang's being surprisingly not that expensive), so we had to go there for a few hours (an hour to wait, and another hour to eat). Anywho, PF Chang's was fantastic, as usual. I went with the Kung Pao Chicken this time, and would heartily recommend it.

And... that's about it for today. I'm waiting for Stef to get on her lunch break (should be any minute now), and then I'm going to go practice, etc. Hopefully the performing arts camp kids won't be hogging all the practice rooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home