Friday, July 09, 2004

Wow.

So, it's once again the morning, and I once again am moderately bored. Watching Price is Right and waiting for the oven to preheat. I'm going to make some mozzarella sticks.

I finally got around to practicing the violin yesterday. It was actually not as bad as I'd thought. I forgot what a violin sounded like under my ears (since I'm so damned used to viola). I really have a bitchin' fiddle. I changed my G yesterday too, so it's sounding really nice. Were it a car, I'd say it was purring. I'm really excited to be working on Khachaturian, Bruch, and Mozart. They're fantastic pieces of music. The only thing I'm sort of missing is playing Bach. The end of my junior year and my senior year of high school I was hardcore focused on playing Bach. I got the E Major Partita under my fingers really hardcore... the first movement I played better than anyone I knew (not just bragging, seriously). I love playing Bach, and I can't wait until I start some with Olivia. I get the feeling she'll spring some on me over the school year, once I'm done one of these concertos. I was thinking C Major for a while, but that's really hard. I definitely want to play a sonata (not a partita) so I think I might try the G Minor one. It has a bitchin' fugue and a hardcore presto section at the end.

In social life, nothing of real note. No parties that I want to go to, no new friends or anything. Just hanging around. Jason's bringing in viola concertos to the pit, so we're sort of bonding through trying to hack through the Bartok concerto. Hopefully he'll bring some Bach to rehearsal, too. Nothing like Bach to bring two people together. I can't wait until next year when a bunch of new freshmen come to school. I'm hoping that I'll make a few new friends... it'll be nice to have some new faces at SU.

Anyway, the oven is done preheating and I'm going to go make some lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home