Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Wednesday...

So I've got a double-header today. A show at 2:30 and another one at 8. I really need to find time to practice the violin again. I got the OK from Olivia to start working on the Bruch Scottish Fantasy for the concerto competiton. I'll be studying the Introduction and first movement and hoping the judges eat it up. It's a really beautiful piece, and I don't think the fact that they are sort of slow movements will hurt me, since Jason made it to the finals with the Kol Nidrei last year (a slow Hebrew melody).

But yeah, my violin chops are really shitty right now. I can't even play through the Mozart by memory any more. That's bad. So, methinks that I'm going to have to start up a hardcore 5 hour a day regiment again like I had over the school year. Maybe an hour of scales, and hour of etudes, and 2 of repertoire (since I have Mozart, Khachaturian, and Bruch to worry about now).

In other news, I got a haircut yesterday at the local barber shop (just a short walk from my house). It was, well.... really damn masculine. I've never been to a barber shop before, just salons, so a barber shop is a new experience for me. First off, you don't need an appointment, they just say "next" and you walk up and tell them how you want your hair cut. Then they cut it, while you're not facing the mirror, and without talking to you. Then they show you a mirror, and you say "oh that's perfect" because they still haven't shaved your neck/ears with a straightedge razor and you can't piss off the guy who could potentially cut off your face with his razor. Then you pay. And it's only NINE FREAKIN' BUCKS!!! So, until I find another place, I'll just stick with the barber shop I think.

Well, I'd better get ready to play viola all freakin' day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home