morning thoughts...
Oh, where to begin?
Stef's recital is this Sunday evening, after the Orchestra concert. I won't blame her if she doesn't go because she's got a hell of a lot to do. Well, I suppose I ought to say something or other about her and I, as I haven't really written anything on the subject yet. I met Stef like my fourth day at school in the Conservatory building. We hit it off right away. That night, she, Mark, her (former) roommate, and I all hung out until like 4 in the morning. The next day she got my phone number (from Paul I'm guessing) and invited Mark and me to go to a party. Then we basically hung out every single day from then on. A week after we met we starting dating, and now it's been almost 8 months. It's a pretty great relationship I think. We're pretty crazy about each other. And... yeah.
So Jan (conductor and music director here) asked me to play in the "Shenandoah Conservatory Performing Arts Festival" this summer. It's the first year they're doing it here. Basically, we're getting people from all over the world (including the winner of the Carl Nielsen International Violin Competition! Holy shit!) to play with us, lead our sections in orchestra, coach ensembles, and give us private lessons. Basically, it's sort of like one of those violin camps, except it's only for a couple weeks, and it's a lot cooler (because I'm going to be there). Plus, I get to do all of this tuition-free! Oh hell yes for getting tuition waived (because I'm awesome).
That'll take me to June 20th, three days after my pit job starts. Pit should be.... fun? I guess? I mean, I'm playing viola, which kind of blows... but, well, no reason to complain about it. It'll be a good warmup refresher course for my viola lessons next semester.
Anywho, gotta go to ear training. *vomits*
Oh, and I MUST play the Intro and Rondo Capricciosso

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home