Goings-on in the proverbial life
So it's been a while since I last decided to blog, so here goes nothin'. I've gotten through 1 (almost two concerts), and am finally done with hell week of rehearsals. Now there's only a recital, symphony, and City of Angels to worry about (all pretty easy music, so I'm home free!).
Last night I went to the Chesapeake Dinner Theatre to see an acquaintance (and Stef's friend) perform 42nd Street. It was... well... umm.... a dinner theatre. Really, I'm used to seeing SU-quality productions, so I'm sort of biased (SU being the best school around for musical theatre studies). There were some good people in it. Olin (our friend) was good, even though he's not a tenor (and sang a tenor part). He's one hell of a tapper though. Holy crap. Aside from playing a lead role, he was dance captain and stage manager. Yeah. And the chick who played Maggie had a decent belt. And she used it pretty sparingly, which was good. All in all, it was an OK dinner theatre (and my first dinner theatre experience).
Then it was off (the three of us) to downtown Annapolis to look for some crab legs. And of course all the restaurants were closed. Which is odd seeing as it's a Friday night and hardly 11pm. But oh well. We went to the Hard Bean and drank Bawls with Jeff and Nate, and happened to see Bev and Andrew, which was pretty hardcore. Then it was back home to sleep. And back to Winchester because I'm playing in Corrie and Ed's senior show (like a musical theatre recital/review for those non-SU people who read this). It's cool. I'm playing violin and viola. And I must say I'm getting pretty damn good at viola.
Anywho, I've gotta run and get myself all pretty for the show tonight. I promise I'll be back with a spite filled entry soon enough though!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home