A bit of my daily happenings
So yeah it's the day before my 19th birthday, so I think I'll let everyone know what's going on around here (because really I don't have anything else to write/bitch about).
Got up @ 7 for quartet rehearsal at 8. Went pretty well. Didn't have ear training, so I went back to bed for a while. Got up for Music Lit. Got a high B on my exam/midterm, which is pretty good considering the class average is like a 60. Dumbshits. I study for 15 minutes and own them all. Man it's great to be awesome and smarter than everyone.
Practiced for my lesson a while, then came back home to get some lunch. Had leftover Gen. Tso's Chicken. Pretty damn good I must say. Then went to the lesson. It was good. Worked on Kreutzer and La Folia. Finally I'm starting to get it. Olivia commented on how much I've improved in the area of intonation since September. Which is a mighty big compliment.
Then orchestra. We had the conducting students try their hands (and batons) at Shostakovich. My thoughts. Good. All right. And double shitty. In that order. Then we worked on stuff for the soloists concert (April 18th). Without the soloists. Boring. As shit.
And now I'm sitting at home, going to a doctorate viola recital at 7, then having dinner somewhere around, whether it be out or at home. Then I'm probably going to bullshit around until I'm tired. Then I'll go to bed. And tomorrow I'll wake up, 19 years under my proverbial belt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home