Sunday, March 28, 2004

Birthday and BSO

So my birthday was Friday and it was just great. After a very fine dinner at Violino's, Stef and I decided to take a walk around the walking mall downtown, and then came home. I went downstairs to find 6 of my friends from MD and a bunch of friends from school! A surprise party! It was nuts. People showing up at all hours of the night, it was a blast. So much fun, so many friends here. I think it was the best birthday I've ever had. Which is definitely saying something.

Anywho, last night I went to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra to see a night of Beethoven. The Violin Concerto and the 5th Symphony. The scheduled soloist was a 19 year old Julia Fischer. However, she was sick and couldn't make it, so we were treated to Julian Rachlin, the internationally-renowned soloist from Austria. He was incredible. Needless to say, I'm going to tell Olivia that I want to play it next. The symphony was just as awe-inspiring. Just a great night at the BSO.

Then came home and slept, and woke up at 11, watched SNL and wrote on the ol' blog. Going to BBQ tonight hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home