and it's February
So it's February. February has always been one of those months that doesn't really mean much of anything. There's very little that goes on in February. There's only a handful of concerts (recitals, yes.... concerts like orchestra and shit, not so much). The musical this year is "The Will Rogers Follies" which is the last weekend of the month. I thought that I wasn't playing it until a few days ago when KK asked me if I could do a country fiddle part in this one number. If I feel comfortable enough improvising, then I guess I'll do it. Otherwise, there's not really a whole lot going on.... yet. There's something else I am likely going to be participating in, but I'm not entirely sure if it's kosher to post it on this blog, so I'll leave my readers (which I assume amounts to, oh, 2 people) with a bit of a cliffhanger until my next entry.
This semester has actually been really good so far. I'm only about 3 or 4 weeks into it, but I already feel really good about it. I'm working 3 days a week at the SUBO and tutoring music theory around 12 hours a week with the possibility of adding a couple more students/hours. I supposedly have a gig this week, and my quartet will hopefully get a couple decent gigs before the end of the semester. So, monetarily I'm looking pretty good. My classes are really good. Only two of them require any work, and they're totally worth the effort of putting a whole bunch of work into them becuase they are music history classes, which are fundamental to performing. I mean, shit. You can't perform if you don't know history. I'm convinced of that.
I guess it just boils down to the fact that I'm happy this semester. It's looking a whole lot better than last semester, and I really hope I can accomplish some great things. I want to learn all my rep really solidly, make some new friends, get some good connections, win some auditions, and kick ass in general. That and power hour with Smitty. We'll have a damn power semester if I have my way. Only we're a few weeks behind. We'll have to do some quadruple power hours to catch up (4 shots per minute).

3 Comments:
4 shots a minute!!! hahah thats fucking ridiculous. we'll probably die and i dont even care
i never see you this semester, and thats busted... but i guess its just because we are too sexy to work in the SUBO at the same time too often or it will blow up. yea, something like that
I would like to complain about you saying that nothing is going on in February...Hello! I was born in February...it is OBVIOUSLY the best month ever! Well...except for March of course! ;-)
And....there is a throw down soon...Come on Tommy! Work with me here!
Yeah... nothing is going on in February... except for that stupid day called Valentine's Day in which boyfriends and girlfriends are supposed to show their love for each other..... meh....
Oh and Jenn's birthday....
Oh and my mom is coming to visit....
Post a Comment
<< Home