soooo. bored.
So this week I'm working part time at the SUBO. Yeah, this week I'll probably get around 20 hours, which is both good and bad at the same time. It's good becuase I'll make lots of money. It's bad because I have less than $300 left to make in my work study account!!!! Oh no!!! Luckily, there is hope. There's a chance that I may get my account supplemented so I can actually make some cash this semester. I emailed the woman in charge of financial aid, and hopefully she can help me out. Otherwise, I'll be out of a job in about 2 weeks.
On an unrelated note, I'm auditioning for the concerto competition on January 25. I'm playing the first movement of the Mozart, which is insane. I really should be doing something like Lalo or Khachaturian, but I decided to be insane and audition with Mozart. See, Mozart is perhaps the MOST difficult composer for a violinist, and usually considered stupid to audition with, as Mozart must be PERFECT. As in, the intonation, dynamics, phrasing, bow control, etc. all have to be amazing for it to sound good. But if you can pull off Mozart really well, it sounds incredible. This year, I'm "in it to win it" so to speak. At first I just thought it would be a good experience, but now I just want to win. Badly. I want to kick some ass and prove to everyone that I am a good musician. Winning this thing would be so good for me, both for my resume and my self-confidence as a violinist. So, basically, I am going to try my damndest to win.
Anyway, I'm going to go play some online games, I think.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home