Wednesday, January 04, 2006

happy freakin' new year

Ugh. I've been sick for the past, oh 5 days. Thus, I haven't been able to work out or practice. It started off as a nasty sore throat, and has since progressed to my head being full of shit. I blow my nose constantly and I am always feeling almost dizzy/crappy/headache. I really hope this goes away soon so I can get back on my schedule! I really miss running and shit. I think when I get back to school I'm going to run outside becuase I won't have a treadmill.

So basically, it's been an all right year thus far. So far I'm donw 14 lbs on W-squared, which is pretty hardcore. I'd really like to break the 20-mark by the end of the month, and I think I could definitely do 10 a month if I really push myself, which would be really awesome. This week I maintained my weight exactly from last week, which doesn't really surprise me. I wasn't able to work out because I was sick, and it was only 4 days in between weigh-ins (I couldn't go last Tuesday because I was at St. Mary's, so I went a couple days later. Hopefully next week will be a good one. It was a funny meeting this week because there were a million new people who just signed up for their new year's resolutions. The metting place was freakin' packed!!

And speaking of resolutions.....

I have never understood "new year's resolutions." I think they're stupid. I mean, yes it's a new year and everything, but I think it's stupid for a milestone to have to occur to have to change some aspect of your life that you are unhappy with. I think that if you're unhappy with something, then you should go ahead and fuckin' change it, regardless of the time of year! I don't know, I just don't like people making excuses to stay unhappy with themselves and changing only when something big hits. I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home