Friday, December 23, 2005

break

So it's been break for about a week. And it's been so freakin' awesome. I mean, I've slept like crazy, stayed out late a bunch of times, and all kinds of shit.

Last week, I started running on the treadmill. Well, at first it started out as like walk/running and stuff. But now it's like fast walk-jog-run-jog-walk. It's cool. I really like it because it makes me feel good. Lots of energy and shit. I really hope I can keep it up over the rest of break so when I go back to school I'm like really buff. That would be sweet.

One thing I've definitely not done enough of is practicing. I practice every day, but only for 2 or 3 hours. I just don't have the time, and I can't practice at night because the parents are asleep. It's difficult, but I'm learning to practice really efficiently. Hopefully that'll change soon (not the efficient practicing, but the length of practicing).... I just can't afford not to kick this repertoire's ass next semester.

So I am going to apply to at least the Adriatic Chamber Music Festival (ACMF) in Italy this summer. I think the app is probably due around, oh, March or April. I hope that I can have the Lalo or Paganini done by then. That would be kickass to audition with. I'm definitely going to use the Bach Adagio that I got a finalist in the Bach-Handel competition with, and I'd love to use Paganini too so I can show off my chops.

Other than that, it's Christmas in two days! Oh yes! It's too bad Stef isn't here... oh well, she'll be back on Thursday! YES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home