updates...
And so begins another week of summer. Man I've got a lot to do today. I've gotta turn in my revised financial aid shit to the financial aid office, call West VA because they screwed up my ticket and told me the wrong amount to pay them (because, well, they're WVA and stupid), get my hair cut, and practice Mozart, Khachaturian, Bruch, Kreutzer, and Flesch. Then hopefully go see Fahrenheit 9/11 with Stef, Chris, and (maybe) Marietta.
So, it has occured to me that Winchester is definitely a black hole. You get stuck here and just can't leave for whatever reason. It's ok though... at least I have an ok job for a while, and then I get to go home for a few weeks. I sure could use a break. Not really from the things that I'm doing, but from this damn town. The only thing that Winchester (really VA in general) has going for it is cheap gas. And it's not even that cheap. Wow I definitely have no desire to stay here for my master's. If I didn't have such a fantastic teacher here and "Shenandoah Performs," I'd probably think about transferring just because Winchester sucks so hard.
This summer has been... well... not quite what I'd thought it would be. It's ok, I guess. It's just, well, I don't really have too many friends here, and my life seems to be revolving around how much I can practice/performances. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the people Stef likes to hang out with, but I just feel like I could use my own crowd. Actually, I think I may have found a "group" that I really like (the box office squad), but I don't know. I think next school year I'm going to have to make a more concerted effort at making friends. Not that I need a whole bunch of people to hang out with, just a few good friends. And I definitely have the start of that with Mark and Chris and Nick (well and Brandon and Ed but they've graduated now). I feel incomplete in Winchester. Well, that's not entirely true. I feel like I'm learning leaps and bounds, but it's taking me a bit longer than most people to get in the social scene. But, that's the way it's always been with me.
That and I feel crappy when I go out to do something with Stef and her friends. Like, I know she wants me to go, but I can't help but feel like a hindrance, like she feels like she has to drag me along to hang out with her friends because I'm her boyfriend (although intellectually speaking, I'm pretty sure this isn't true). And I don't want to try and become best friends with her best friends. Not because I don't like them, but because I don't want to come off as trying to take her friends. And I know that she needs her own people to hang out with. Sometimes I just feel like a hindrance to her social life and I'd really like that not to be the case. I know that she misses her friends and I'm afraid that's got something to do with me. I guess the best thing to do would be to figure out her thoughts on the subject.
Holy crap... that was just a serious entry! I think my first one ever! Methinks a celebration is in order!
*lone "first real entry" baloon falls from ceiling, like when Homer bowled a 300 game on "The Simpsons"*

1 Comments:
This is from Jeff "J-Love" Haines, back in Annapolis, (J-Love because all the ladies will dig me sometime in the immediate future, I hope.)
Hey whats up man, it sounds like you have a pretty good deal going for you up there. I have not heard from you for a few eons, so I decided just to leave this here. If you are ever back in Annapolis feel free to give me a call (443.534.3760)and maybe we can get some of the old group together to chill out. I will be going to Drexel in Philly this fall, so I will be near Joel and stuff, but I miss the old group, and was hoping we would be able to have a bruhaha sometime, if lives permit. Anyway, good luck with your job and orchestra stuff, and have a great summer.
Post a Comment
<< Home