Job...
I'm really disliking pit. Coming from such a fantastic program like Shenandoah Performs, pit just sucks. Everyone complains about a 2 and a half hour rehearsal and how the music is stupid, etc. That and nobody practices so the orchestra is pretty dreadful.
Anywho, I can't wait for the school year when I havea trio who cares, and an orchestra that's at least better than pit. But I really can't wait for next summer. It's going to be great. I hope Arturo and Andrews come back so I can have a good quartet, and that it really takes off soon, then I can say that I was here the first year it happened.
On a side thing that makes me angry, the new issue of the SUN (the SU newspaper) had a great big article, front page at the top, about someone giving money to the Music Theatre department, and a small article at the bottom about Shenandoah Performs. That and stuff about Shenandoah Performs has always been in the inside of the paper and stuff. I mean, this is a conservatory, and I think a two week performing arts festival, with performances every night and international talent, including the winner of an international competition, deserves a bit more recognition than it's gotten. And people agree with me. MUSIC THEATRE people agree with me!
Anywho, time to take a shower and hardcore around until 12:30 or so.

1 Comments:
Hey so I'm going to write a comment in your journal in an attempt to be "cool" (you know, since commenting is what all the "cool" kids are doing!) Or not. Haha. I like your sarcasm Tommy.
Hope you and everyone else are having fun at ssmt! I'd like to come down and see one of the shows but it's kind of far so I don't know if that will actually happen. But if I do, I'll be sure to listen for you in the pit. After all, the show is only good because you are there, right?
Post a Comment
<< Home