Oh boy...
A crazy busy week is almost over!
Here's a brief rundown:
-MY E string tuner broke and it was a pain.
-Pit was real bad at the beginning of the week.
-It got better once Maryory joined us and we rearranged some stuff.
-I hardcored my sightsinging test!
-I hardcored my theory test (I hope)!
-I had really good lessons this week
-I got a series of gigs (two concerts and two rehearsals if I'm not mistaken) for a total of $170!!!!!
-The VCR ate it so I didn't see the second debate...
-But luckily someone else has it on tape so I'll be able to watch it soon enough!
-Can't move in with Mark...
-But Jenn is moving in with us, and she's the new Box Office Manager so we have a 4th roommate again for a long while!
-I hate everyone at the library front desk (if you want to hear the whole entertaining story, comment here or just ask me)
-I got a Kerry/Edwards pin!
-Got pissed off at certain violinists who came to the performance last night (for which I was substituting for concertmaster) and told me during intermission how terrible the orchestra sounded.. yeah, that was really cool.
-I got my tuner fixed today at Perrin (with a new gold-plated tuner) for free!!!!
-Had lunch at Hooters today!
-Am going to be home next weekend for fall break!
And that about sums up the week thus far....

2 Comments:
Tommy, I can't speak for the violinists but I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd be so offended as you yourself seemed very pessimistic about it. We also had NO clue you were concert master. The violin solos were good just the ensemble as a whole was very weak. I'm sorry if you got pissed but you can't be angry at them as they were just going along with your general attitude. I'm sorry.
of course i can be mad at them! i mean, it's one thing to say something after the fact, but coming up to an ensemble (not just me, but in front of the majority, if not all of the ensemble) and saying how bad it sounds is NEVER the right thing to do, regardless of how one person feels about the ensemble in general. i mean, there is absolutely no reason to put down an ensemble in the middle of a performance. i don't care who you are, who you know, or what you've heard about them. it's never a good thing to put someone down in the middle of a performance, period. i mean, honestly, if you don't have something good to say (or even neutral, like "hey down there in the pit."), then don't walk up to the goddamn orchestra.
having said that, i'm over it because it wasn't that big a deal (note how i only made it a slight part of my weekly post).
Post a Comment
<< Home