Monday, September 27, 2004

So it's my fifty-first post...

I didn't even realize last time I had broken the big 5-0 mark! Well, it's been a good 50 posts. I'd like to thank all my adoring blog fans for keeping me going and not giving up on this deal after a month (which I've not once considered since I got this thing).

Well, it's Monday. Monday night, specifically. I had a bitch of a day with classes and the like, but that's the life at a conservatory, I suppose. I was really tired today for some reason. Perhaps it was because of my 7 hours of class straight. Yeah, that can do it for you. On a more positive note, though, I LOVE SOCIAL DANCE. It is easily the best class ever. We just learned how to foxtrot and now we're learning some swing dancing. It is great, and I have a damn good dance partner. Damn good in that neither of us are experienced dancers but we both catch on at about the same rate so neither of us is frustrated with the other. But yeah, social dance is awesome.

Today was the Fraternity Performance Forum. Most of them were dreadful. Really dreadful. Sigma Rho Delta was just totally unrehearsed, SAI was just stupid ("Girls Just Want to Have Fun" lip-synching and the like... Nick and I were about ready to thrust pencils into our eyes so we wouldn't have to watch any more), and Kappa Kappa Psi was just bad. Phi Mu Alpha was really funny and cool (except for the first song they sang, which I don't really care for), followed by Alpha Psi because even though I didn't really like the song, they can (for the most part) sing well. Actually, if I had more time on my hands, I'd really consider joining Phi Mu Alpha because they seem like cool guys. I mean, Chris Spalding, Mark, Micah are all in there and they are some cool guys. But I have so much on my plate this semester that I just don't have time to pledge a fraternity. Maybe next semester...

So the orchestra concert on Sunday was fantastic! We got major applause for each number, but at the end of Stravinsky's "Firebird Suite" we got a big old standing ovation. Like hardcore. I can't remember the last time we had that much applause. Definitely not since the "Shenandoah Performs" concert with the Brahms. Or maybe my "Shenandoah Performs" quartet. Damn we got a hell of a lot of applause after that one. A standing ovation and two rounds of bowing and as we walked out to listen to the next group people were still wowing and talking about us. Man that was a great time! I can't wait for this summer! But I digress. Next concert is, well, it's complicated. My next concert is with a small group on Halloween performing Handel's "Messiah" with the Conservatory Choir. But the next Symphony concert is in November (I think the 14th) performing two Beethoven Overtures, Tchaikovsky's "Romeo and Juliet," and featuring Sandor Ostlund playing variations on Paganini ON THE FREAKIN' DOUBLE BASS. Oh yes!

Not really much else to jab on about in this thing. Oh, if you're going to comment (which I suggest you do because all the comments on my last post made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside) anonymously, I'd suggest you leave your name (coughpersonwhomadethe8thcommentcough) so I know who's talking to me. So that's about all. Perhaps I can help Stef out with her homework since I don't really have any this evening. Until next time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tommy.... you are the coolest guy I know. Your girlfriend is so lucky to have you and your hot sexy bod.

October 6, 2004 at 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home