Thursday, September 23, 2004

I'm tired of coming up with original titles...

So it's been a while since my last blog for those of you who actually read this thing, which I imagine amounts to, oh, 5 or less people.

So this semester is definitely the most hectic one yet. I'm busy as hell every day of the week. Monday and Tuesday are the worst, followed by Thursday, Friday, and Wednesday (in that order). Whomever said freshman year is always the hardest is a dumb bitch. That's definitely untrue. This semester is something to the effect of freshman year times a trillion. But that's ok. I needed the challenge anyway.

So there have been lots of goings-on lately. I've finally gotten acquainted with a lot of the new freshmen, and I like them pretty well. Well, besides that one girl that calls me "white boy" all the time whenever I try to be hardcore.... actually, scratch that. She's all right in my book (hey, we violinists have to stick together, no?). Pit orchestra, well, rehearsal is probably best described as that feeling where you really really have to pee, but you're in a car and you can't be late so you have to whiz in an empty bottle or something and you just come out of the whole experience feeling degraded and dirty because it's so disgusting. Plus you have a bottle of piss in your hand. Yeah, I think that about describes it accurately. The music is terrible, the woodwind players are beyond awful.... yeah it's pretty shitty. Man, I have such a shitty attitude lately. Well, I've just become really bitter and sarcastic. And not lately. Just in pit. In fact, Erin (a fellow violinist/friend) said last rehearsal "Tommy, I think you're the most sarcastic person I know." Which I absolutely take as a compliment. I mean, shit, if you're gonna do something, do it right! And those of you who know me (who I would imagine is everyone who reads this, rendering that past phrase useless.... actually I ought to go delete it now that I think about it, but I won't. That involves entirely too much deleting. I'd rather just continue... Damn, I lost my train of thought. Oh right, being sarcastic. Right? Hang on, let me reread the last sentence. I mean real sentence. Not inside the parentheses. OK. Right. Erin said I was sarcastic. OK.), I... shit. I forgot what I was talking about again. Oh well, let's just move on...

In other (good) news, violin and viola lessons are going very well. I absofuckinglutely love the Khachaturian concerto, and Olivia thinks I should enter the concerto competition next year with it (after I've learned all 3 mvts and it has a bit of time to settle). That's real exciting.

hmm.... what else.... yeah that's about it. Perhaps I'll go to sleep seeing as I have an 8am work at the Bullshit Center. I mean Media Crap. I mean Media buttasscock Center. I mean Media Center filled with hate. I mean Media Center tomorrow morning.

OH DAMN! I almost forgot! I've reenabled anonymous comments on this here thing, so just write something on here. It could be something like "Tommy, you are awesome" or "Tommy I want your body" or "Tommy, I want to give you 5 bucks!" or "Tommy, if I were gay, I'd totally want you to do me in the butt" or "Tommy, since I'm not gay, I want you to be my hetero life partner." So just write something to let me know writing here isn't a total waste of my time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow... I'm so glad you mention your wonderful, amazing, beautiful girlfriend in your blogs.......

September 24, 2004 at 12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New name: Biatch

Sam

September 24, 2004 at 7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being anonymous I won't tell you this is your mother. I also won't say that you are starting to ramble like me(only at times). I will tell you that- you are awesome-I don't want any part of your body-I will put $ in your account by the end of the month. And that you do have a wonderful girlfriend.

September 24, 2004 at 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Tommy. It's Erin. and not the Erin that is shocked by your bitterness and sarcasm. the one who is usually right there w/ you in both. it's sad though, because i have a very negative roommate so i think i am suppressing my true bitterness at life in order to prevent my inevitable insanity. me, serious....crazy! anyway, obviously I read your blog b/c i am bored and lame i stalk you.

p.s. anyone who says they don't want your body is obviously lying.

September 24, 2004 at 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous comment was not written by me. To whoever wrote that, please don't pretend to be me.
Erin

September 24, 2004 at 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe...tommy...u so sex-ay...but, also pure evil, like all violinists...yet another reason y cellists are perfect :oD since it is obvious that with my 21 credits and numerous hours in the practice rooms now that i have no life...i now stalk you...i mean read yo blog in my spare time...besides, sarcasm comes with being a bitter, liberal musician....just ask me about the conservative bullshit goin on here @ CUA!!!! btw, we're doing the Faure Requiem on halloween if u'd care to come up! peace out you!!!!

-your no-longer-strictly-internet-cello-playin-hippie-chick-let's-see-how-long-i-can-string-this-out-buddy

September 24, 2004 at 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tommy, if I weren't a bottom, I'd totally do you in the butt.

September 27, 2004 at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home