Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Winchester!

Well, if the title didn't clue you in, I'm back in the armpit of the east coast. No, I don't mean Jersey (which is actually surprisingly not trashy if you go to the right places). Good ol' Winchester, VA! Hate the town, but love the school. I've been spending a good bit of time in the practice rooms lately (4 hours the day I got back, followed by 2 yesterday) working on audition music and (more importantly) stuff for my lessons. I've seen a couple new faces in the practice rooms but haven't gone in to introduce myself. Perhaps tonight (when the practice rooms will undoubtedly be full up) I'll go bother the new freshmen violinists.

Orchestra auditions are tomorrow (mine's at high noon), and I'm not nervous. I figure, just go in, play, get it the hell over with, and go back to working on Kreutzer and Mozart. I've also decided to NOT play the Bruch for the concerto competition. I think that, since it's a five movement piece of music, and I have plenty of stuff to learn (i.e. concertos that will actually help me in the long run), it would be better to either get the Khachaturian up to speed or just pick out a good showpiece or new concerto to play for it (maybe Wieniawski or something).

Anywho, I've gotta run. Things to do and not a lot of time to do them!

Oh yeah, and I shaved my initials into my stomach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home