Finally, a lull in the crazy-go-nutsiness
So after Apple Blossom ended, I had finals. Then went to try out violins. Then Stef's Mom and Aunt came. Then my parents and brother came. Then it was her graduation. Then I got sick as a motherfucker. Then (still sick) we went to Disney World for a week. And now we're back and I'm sick (round 2).
Finals went well. I aced the hell out of music lit, which I was the most worried about. I got a couple Bs this time, which I'm kind of upset about, but oh well. I think 2 Bs out of something like 9 classes is pretty damn good. And it still keeps my GPA comfortably above 3.8.
Went to Perrin and Associates' Fine Violins in Baltimore, MD about two weeks ago. Tried a bunch of different instruments, and the last one I tried was really nice. It sounded almost as great as the ones that cost twice its price. So this week I'm going to pick it up and keep it for a trial period (two weeks). I also found a hell of a nice bow for practically nothing. I mean, this bow is as good as a bow I tried that was literally ten times the price. Needless to say, I'm excited about finding some great things. This week I'll be heading to Brobst, Gaile's, and probably this independent dealer I heard about.
Disney World was pretty hardcore. Spend four and a half days there, and hardcored around at all the parks, went on all the rides. It was cool. My favorite park would have to be Epcot, with the honorable mention going to MGM. Animal Kingdom was ok, but it just isn't big enough to spend the whole day there. It's great as a part of a package "park-hopper" deal, but I wouldn't pay the 50 some odd dollars to go just there for a day. Magic Kingdom was fun, but it was the most crowded (especially with the little shits.... i mean kids) and geared the most towards kids. Speaking of kids, Disney World is a great form of birth control. So many whining kids, strollers hitting you in the legs, and of course the bitching little kids in the restaurants with $35 entrees. That's great. So yeah, I'm not going to be having kids for a long long long long long long long long long time, if ever after that trip.
Well damn, looks like that's about all for now. Nothing else too interesting to talk about, but I'll probably update about the new fiddles I find in the coming days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home