Thursday, April 29, 2004

ANNNNNND APPLE BLOSSOM!

So, the Apple Blossom carnival is right across the street from our house... kind of. I originally thought it would be 30 seconds and we'd be at the carnival, but it's really more like 2 minutes. Which is still really damn cool! Stef and I went last night and the night before and got sick off all the fried carnival food. It's kind of a dirty, crappy carnival, but it's a carnival nonetheless, and they have tacos... yes, tacos (and no I didn't eat one... that's gross). Yeah, we ate nachos, funnel cakes, bloomin' onions, corn dogs (well, not me because I hate hot dogs), ribbon fries, caramel apples, lemonade (and i consider this eating because it had like a cup of sugar at the bottom and the grains would come into your mouth because they wouldn't dissolve. gross.). So yeah, my "get Tommy's ass into shape" plan goes into effect on Sunday, the day after Apple Blossom.

Had my violin jury yesterday, and it went very well. Had a few intonation slips on the Corelli, but the Kreutzer, as Marc AND Olivia both said, was had "very good intonation." The sightreading was a piece of cake, too. Strange thing is, though, they didn't even comment on it. Nothing good, nothing bad, nothing written about it. Oh well, I still got an A (well, Marc gave me an A and Olivia gave me an A- because she said it would make me practice harder than giving me an A... haha). So thank God I never have to play La Folia EVER AGAIN!!!! YES!!!!! Now I can work hard on Khachaturian and Mozart No. 5 (in A Major), that and the like 8 etudes, all of which she gave me to work on this summer. Two concerti and a bunch of etudes. Holy crap. I've never had that much to work on. But I can do it, just gotta practice my balls off. I think that's probably the reason she gave me so much, so that I'd be more willing to practice more as opposed to if she had just given me some etudes and polishing La Folia or something.

Actually, Olivia told me that I should take a few weeks off from the violin over the summer. She recognizes that I've been working really hard, and she said that I'd probably burn myself out if I didn't take a few breaks from it. I think it's a good idea. I practice so damn much that it's starting to wear me out. Perhaps after a hiatus from the violin, I'll come at it with a fresh outlook.

Anywho, it's Thursday, which is the official kickoff of Apple Blossom. No exams tomorrow, so there are lots and lots of parties tonight. I think we (meaning Stef and I and whomever else) are going to "pre-party" at a friend's house before we go to the actual party tonight. Which I think is a good idea. Anywho, perhaps I'll leave a message here in an inebriated state...

Annnnnnnnnnd Apple Blossom!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home