updatings, reminiscings on a year
So I'm finally done with classes and concerts. All I've got now is finals and juries (which I'm not in the least worried about). Speaking of finals, I had my ear training final on Thursday. As soon as Chris and I got to the sightsinging portion, he had us do our rhythms and was like, "Look guys, you'll have A's either way, so how about we don't waste our time and you just go." Hardcore!
Last night was City Of Angels with the Jazz Ensemble and Music Theatre Ensemble (and a few of us, to whom the program referred as "guest artists"... I've never been a guest artist before). It was.... umm.... ok? It didn't really seem like anybody's heart was in it. I mean, some people were really fantastic, but it just didn't feel like a hardcore production. I don't know, maybe because it was "in concert" and nobody had all their lines memorized. I don't know.
I slept in until like 1:30 today. It was really nice, I'm really awake now. I think that was the first really good night's sleep I've gotten in, well, a hell of a long time.
In other news, I can't freakin' believe it's the end of the school year already. It's gone by so damn fast it's not even funny. This summer is going to be great too, though. Just about all my good friends from here are going to be here for the summer for SSMT and the performing arts festival will be fun, as will be getting a new violin and viola. Hopefully a bunch of friends from home can come up too at times throughout the summer. I know I'll be home for a little while at the end of May to visit with my grandfather (who'll be in from Spain for a little while).
Not really much else to reminisce on, except that next week it's going to be 8 months for Stef and I. 8 months! Holy crap! It's great!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home