Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Mexico, bitches!

So today is my recital! I'm so excited! I hope it is really good. I warmed up for a little while today and realized that I am totally ready. The only thing I have to work on is the performance itself. Tonight at the very least will be a really great learning experience that I can take a lot away from. If anyone actually reads this (which I doubt), it's tonight at Goodson (the chapel) at 7pm. And Erin (my recital partner) is at 7:30. So come to both! It's going to be great!

So the title. Yeah, I'm going to Mexico. Over spring break! I woke up today and found out that I had been accepted to the Global Citizenship Project! It's a program that was started last year where the university sends out teams of students, staff, and faculty to places all over the world. All expenses paid. This year there were something like 300 applicants, of which 50 were chosen to participate. The different countries this year are Mexico, South Africa, Turkey, China, and the United Arab Emirates. I'm so excited to get to go to Mexico! It's not halfway across the world, but it's going to be such an important learning experience. I'm really excited to actually go abroad and study instead of having a vacation abroad. It's going to be awesome. I love to travel and learn about other cultures, and I didn't really care where I went, I just wanted to go! And now I get to!

Man, today is awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home