Tuesday, May 09, 2006

finally, an update!

So it's May. And I haven't updated this thing at all since March. Let's start there and see what's been going on with my life since then.

-Mexico!!!!

I'll dedicate an entire blog entry to this in the future, but suffice it to say that Mexico was incredible. I learned and did so much... it's something that I'll never forget. The only unfortunate thing is that I've lost contact with almost everyone I went with. It's so weird to be that connected to a group of people and then to only see two of them in "real life." I mean, I guess I just had hoped to keep that connection with them. Perhaps when we meet again, we'll be able to start where we left off. But in the meantime, I really miss them like crazy.

-21st Birthday!!!

So, (obviously) I turned 21 on March 26, and had an awesome time. On my actual birthday, I went to B-dubs and drank 11 drinks in 45 minutes and was wasted. I'll show you the napkin of all my drinks and the degrading of my handwriting as the night went on. It was awesome.

Then I had a party a few weeks later, and Shiff, Warren, and Jeff all came to visit, and a ton of people here at school came, too. We killed the keg and it was awesome. I did a couple kegstands and drank 20 beers. It was awesome. I'll show you the pictures if you ask me.

-Fraternities!!

I was initiated into both Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia (the Men's music Fraternity) and Alpha Psi Omega (the Theatre honor society) one right after the other in April. It was a long and arduous week that last week of pledging, but it was awesome. I'm proud to be in both organizations, and I hope that I can live up to the high ideals that each one holds. Plus I have some bitchin' letters for each one.

-The Bloom!

Apple Blossom was incredible this year. I mean, just incredible. The parties were awesome, and everyone was having a great time. A bunch of the girls who Stef graduated with made it to town, so that was really nice for her. We didn't really spend a ton of time together this Apple Blossom, but it was still great because we each were able to have a great time without each other. It was a nice show of independence on both our parts, but when we both came home, our bond was still strong. It's really reassuring that we can still have fun without each other, but still remember where our hearts lie.

-Jobs!
I've got some jobs lined up, which is nice. For the school year I have a couple things:

-SUBO
-Gigging with quartet
-Sub with Loudoun Symphony (I think next year I might be auditioning for a principal spot if it opens up)

And for the summer:
-teaching violin? (maybe)
-Counselor/chamber music coach for Shenandoah Performs. 2 weeks in July.

Other than that, my summer is free! It's going to be great. I'm going to visit grad schools and hang out with friends, and practice a TON.

Anyway, it's now 1:45am, so I'm off to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home